– Region: East Asia (Focus: China/Taiwan); North America
– History of the Asia Pacific
– Global History
– Oral History and Memory
– Cold War Studies
An Empire of Recreation in the Pacific: Rest & Recuperation Tours, US Servicemen, and Taiwanese Society during the Cold War (1954-1972) (working title)
|since 08/2015||Academic Assistant, Chair of Global History, Prof. Dr. Martin Dusinberre, University of Zurich|
|2013–2015||PhD Candidate, University of Erfurt (funded by the Gerda Henkel Foundation)|
|09/2013–12/2013||Visiting Junior Scholar, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars, Washington D.C.|
|09/2011||Magister Artium (M.A.) in History, University of Erfurt|
|09/2009–02/2010||Graduate Student, National Chengchi University, Taipei/Taiwan, International Master's Program in Asia-Pacific Studies|
|10/2008–07/2010||Research Assistant, College of Liberal Arts, National Chengchi University, Taipei/Taiwan|
|10/2008–07/2010||Teaching Assistant, Chair of North American History, University of Erfurt|
|09/2008||Bachelor (B.A.) in History (East Asia/Modern Europe/North America) and Social Science, University of Erfurt|
|09/2006–06/2007||Exchange Student, Chinese Language Center, National Chengchi University, Taipei/Taiwan|
|10/2005–07/2006||Student Assistant, Chair of East Asian History, University of Erfurt|
– Möller, David (2015). Book Review, Meyer, Mahlon: Remembering China from Taiwan. Divided Families and Bittersweet Reunions after the Chinese Civil War. Hong Kong 2012. H-Soz-u-Kult 09.10.2015.
– Möller, David (2010). Book Review, Schulzinger, Robert D.: A Time for Peace. The Legacy of the Vietnam War. New York, NY 2006. H-Soz-u-Kult 14.05.2010.
– Möller, David (2010). Report, Schladitz, Lars: Die Gleichzeitigkeit des Ungleichzeitigen. Umweltwahrnehmung im Zeitalter des ›modernen‹ Walfangs in Japan. Lecture Series „Umweltgeschichte in globaler Perspektive“. University of Erfurt 04.06.2010.
Presentation and Papers
– „Building an Empire of Recreation: The Rest & Recuperation Program and US Servicemen in Taiwan during the Vietnam War (1965-1972)“, John-F.-Kennedy-Institute, Free University Berlin, June 8, 2015.
– „'Five-day Bonanza': US Servicemen, R & R-Programs and Sexual Pleasures in Cold War Taiwan“, Fourth European Congress on World and Global History (EUNIGH), École normale supérieure, Paris/France, September 4 - 7, 2014.
– „'The Virtue of being discreet': Sexual Encounters, Consumerism, and the U.S. Military in Taiwan“, Workshop „Desire for the „Other“ - Intimacy and the Regulation of Sexuality in the 20th Century“, University of Erfurt, April 11 - 12, 2014.
– „'They called it R & R. But we called it I & I: Intercourse and Intoxication': U.S. Military Personnel and Rest & Recuperation Tours in the Pacific during the Vietnam War“, 19th Annual James A. Barnes Graduate Student Conference, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA, March 28 - 20, 2014.
– „American Empire and Asian Contact Zones: US Military, Sexuality, and Taiwanese Society (1950-1979)“, Research Colloquium, German Historical Institute, Washington D.C., March 13, 2014.
– „'Buried Secrets, Brutal Truth' - Tiger Force, War Crimes, and Practices of Remembering and Forgetting“, Conference „Contested Memory and Post-Vietnam America“,University of Erfurt, January 29 - 30, 2009.